SQL Examiner Suite 2023 change log
The change log below contains a complete list of all fixes and improvements in each public build of the SQL Examiner Suite 2023
All improvements and fixes are marked with a mark showing in which program the changes were made:
- SQLESQL Examiner (schema comparison and synchronization tool)
- SQLDESQL Data Examiner (data comparison and synchronization tool)
- SQLESBoth SQL Examiner and SQL Data Examiner
22.214.171.124 - August 10th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1590: In some cases, an error occurs during creation of a foreign key when synchronizing PostgreSQL databases.
126.96.36.199 - August 2nd, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1538: The column names written in different cases are not highlighted as different on the Creation Script tab.
- SQLDESQLES-1482: In some cases, when loading database schema,
ArgumentExceptionoccurs in the New Data Comparison wizard if a source or target is an SQL Server 2022 backup. (reopen)
- SQLDESQLES-1518: In some cases,
NullReferenceExceptionoccurs when closing Export to CSV wizard.
- SQLDESQLES-1584: в некоторых случаях, после нажатия кнопки Cancel в мастере синхронизации, программа зависает
- SQLDESQLES-1584: In some cases, the program freezes after click on the "Cancel" button in the synchronization wizard.
188.8.131.52 - July 31th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1581: In some cases, when comparing a PostgreSQL database with PostgreSQL database scripts (script file, script folder), the program recognizes some tables as different, although they are identical.
184.108.40.206 - July 28th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1580: In some cases, an error with the "ERROR: syntax error at or near "."" message occurs because of the incorrect synchronization script for PostgreSQL
- SQLDESQLES-1541: In some cases, UNICODE text characters in MySQL databases are displayed incorrectly after synchronization.
- SQLDESQLES-1545: In some cases, the program exports to CSV data from all tables, although only some of them were checked in the Export to CSV wizard.
220.127.116.11 - July 17th 2023
SQL Examiner Suite 2023.3: added support for the following Oracle features
See Release Notes for details.
- SQLESQLES-63: 'MATERIALIZED VIEW' and 'MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG' objects.
- SQLESQLES-121: 'SYNONYM' objects.
- SQLESQLES-1506: 'DATABASE LINK' objects.
- SQLESQLES-1460: More flexible comparison of table and index storage parameters.
- SQLESSQLES-1283: Blockchain and Immutable tables.
- SQLESSQLES-1284: Native JSON binary data type (Oracle 21c).
18.104.22.168 - July 3rd, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1531: In some cases, when comparing a script file or script folder with a PostgreSQL live database, the program parses scripts incorrectly. As a result, an error with the "ERROR: unexpected end of function definition at end of input" message occurs during synchronization.
22.214.171.124 - June 28th, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1527: In some cases,
NullReferenceExceptionoccurs during synchronization if the Rollback changes only in a table where an error occurs option is enabled.
126.96.36.199 - June 27th, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1466: Added the Ignore differences in line endings comparison option.
- SQLESQLES-1497: Allow to exclude the "DateCreated" from a snapshot.
- SQLESQLES-1497: Added a new internal variable that allows to exclude the "DateCreated" property from a snapshot.
- SQLESQLES-1470: In some cases, the Options tab in the Edit Project window contains comparison options that do not match the current comparison databases.
- SQLESQLES-1524: In some cases, the program processes SQL Server trigger metadata incorrectly and, as a result, creates an incorrect synchronization script.
- SQLESQLES-1526: In some cases, when loading dependencies of PostgreSQL objects the "ERROR : permission denied for table pg_authid" error occurs.
188.8.131.52 - June 21st, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1318: In some cases, the program incorrectly recognizes a MySQL server version, as a result,
MySqlExceptionoccurs with the "Unknown column 'S.EXPRESSION' in 'field list'" error message when loading column information.
- SQLESQLES-1515: In some cases,
ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionoccurs in the New Schema Comparison wizard during a cross-platform comparison.
- SQLESQLES-1516: In some cases, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script for
FOREIGN KEYobjects of SQL Server databases.
- SQLDESQLES-1376: There are unreadable characters on the Output tab in the Export to CSV wizard.
- SQLDESQLES-1392: In some cases, after clicking the Auto detect columns button in the Flat File Table Wizard, the program detects data types of some columns incorrectly.
- SQLDESQLES-1513: The filter doesn't work in the Export to CSV wizard, Script Database wizard and Database Variance Report Wizard.
184.108.40.206 - June 13th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1477: The
SET configuration_parameterof PostgreSQL functions and procedures is now compared and synchronized. (reopen)
220.127.116.11 - June 9th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1499: In some cases, when synchronizing tables with trigger functions between PostgreSQL databases, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
18.104.22.168 - June 6th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1492: In some cases,
NotSupportedExceptionoccurs when program loads database schema from a database snapshot.
22.214.171.124 - June 5th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1487: When altering a
nvarchar(n)) column size in an SQL Server database to
DEFAULTconstraint on the column has to be re-created.
- SQLESQLES-1081: If the columns with
datetime2data type have different scales, the program doesn't recognize it as a difference.
126.96.36.199 - June 1st, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1485: It is not possible to compare an SQL Server database with <New> database.
- SQLESQLES-1477: The
SET configuration_parameterof PostgreSQL functions and procedures is now compared and synchronized.
- SQLDESQLES-1482: In some cases, when loading database schema,
ArgumentExceptionoccurs in the New Data Comparison wizard if a source or target is an SQL Server 2022 backup.
188.8.131.52 - May 31th, 2023
SQL Examiner Suite 2023.2: added support for the following PostgreSQL features
See Release Notes for details.
UNLOGGEDparameter for tables and sequences.
- SQLESQLES-1191: OUT parameters can now be used to return data from stored procedures.
- SQLESQLES-1199: STORAGE mode for columns.
- SQLESQLES-1200: Per-attribute options for columns.
- SQLESQLES-1201: Support for
- SQLESQLES-1383: Enabled comparison of extensions in source and target databases; display warning if extensions differ.
- SQLESSQLES-1192, SQLES-1193: Support for multirange types.
184.108.40.206 - May 26th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1465: In some cases, when performing partial synchronization, the differences in column comments are not taken into account.
- SQLESQLES-1471: In some cases,
InvalidCastExceptionoccurs when trying to synchronize PostgreSQL stored procedures.
- SQLESQLES-1472: In some cases, the program doesn't detect differences between PostgreSQL stored procedures with different SECURITY options.
- SQLESQLES-1474: In some cases,
StackOverflowExceptionoccurs in the Script Database wizard while scripting a PostgreSQL database.
- SQLDESQLES-1475: In some cases,
InvalidOperationExceptionoccurs when changing settings in the Edit Project window.
220.127.116.11 - May 17th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1454: In some cases, the program recognizes SQL Server indexes as different, although they have been synchronized.
- SQLDESQLES-1442: In some cases, when synchronizing data between SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
18.104.22.168 - May 17th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1446: In some cases, when synchronizing PostgreSQL
VIEWobjects, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
- SQLESQLES-1006: Now snapshots contain additional information about the creation date, program version and snapshot's source type (live database, script, backup).
- SQLDESQLE-1019: If one of the tables to be compared has a PRIMARY KEY or a UNIQUE index and the second one has neither one nor the other, the program doesn't define the comparison key for the second table automatically.
- SQLDESQLES-1442: In some cases, when comparing SQL Server and PostrgreSQL databases, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
22.214.171.124 - May 15th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1341: In some cases, an incorrect schema of the foreign-key table is displayed in the Creation Script tab in the main window.
- SQLESQLES-1436: In some cases,
NotSupportedExceptionoccurs when a PostgreSQL database snapshot is chosen as a source or target.
- SQLESQLES-1444: In some cases, when comparing a PostgreSQL script with a live database, the program recognizes source and target column data types as different although they are the same.
126.96.36.199 - May 11th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1423: In some cases, when synchronizing SQL Server databases, the program generates the wrong order of
CREATE FUNCTIONcommands which leads to a synchronization error.
ArgumentNullExceptionoccurs in the Add Source Control Server window when setting up a connection to a local Git repository.
- SQLESQLES-1430: In some cases, the program incorrectly displays user-defined functions from PostgreSQL databases in the Creation Script and Synchronization Script tabs in the main window.
188.8.131.52 - May 5th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1421: In some cases,
InvalidCastExceptionoccurs in the Script Database wizard when trying to proceed from the Specify a destination folder and a file step to the next step.
- SQLDESQLES-1424: In some cases, when loading Oracle database metadata,
IndexOutOfRangeExceptionoccurs with the "Unable to find specified column in result set" error message in the New Data Comparison window.
184.108.40.206 - April 28th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1418: In some cases, when synchronizing SQL Server databases containing functions that differ but have the same signature, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
220.127.116.11 - April 24th, 2023
- SQLESSQLES-1412: In error reports, the OS version is always Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 regardless of the user's actual OS version.
18.104.22.168 - April 19th, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1408: In some cases, when loading metadata from an Azure database, the
22.214.171.124 - April 19th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1406: In some cases, the program skips some text objects when loading metadata from an SQL Server database.
- SQLESQLES-1402: In some cases, when trying to synchronize SQL Server system-versioned temporal tables, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
126.96.36.199 - April 17th, 2023
SQL Examiner Suite 2023.1: support for new SQL Server 2022 features
See Release Notes for details.
- SQLESQLES-1278: Ordered clustered columnstore indexes.
- SQLESQLES-1279: Compression of XML columns and indexes.
AUTO_DROPoption for statistics.
GENERATED ALWAYS ASargument of the
CREATE TABLEstatement with
IS [NOT] DISTINCT FROMlanguage element.
SELECT ... WINDOWclause.
- SQLESSQLES-1358: Support of ledger databases and tables.
- SQLESSQLES-1310: Azure Active Directory authentication for SQL Server.
- SQLESSQLES-1387: In rare cases
ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionoccurs on the External SQL Tools tab in the Options window.
188.8.131.52 - April 11th, 2023
- SQLESSQLES-1370: In some cases, the program detects a PostgreSQL server version incorrectly.
184.108.40.206 - April 7th, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1379: Minor UI updates for Edit Project and Comparison Options windows.
- SQLESSQLES-1330: A minor UI improvement for Recent Comparison window.
220.127.116.11 - April 6th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1353: When retrieving text objects information from PostgreSQL 10 or earlier versions,
- SQLDESQLES-1363: An excessive whitespace has been removed from the command line output.
- SQLDESQLES-1351: In some cases when comparing Oracle and HANA databases,
Unable to cast...exceptions occur.
- SQLDESQLES-1328: When the program works in debug mode and collects logs, debug logging can be extremely slow.
- SQLESSQLES-1350: The custom name of a database backup is replaced with the default template-based name in the command line parameter /BackupTargetDB.
- SQLESSQLES-1369: The previously hidden option "Round float types..." has been made enabled for all users.
- SQLDESQLES-1305: Added the ability not to retrieve indexes when reading metadata via ODBC which eliminated excessive delays in some cases.
18.104.22.168 - March 20th, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1322: Synchronization output appearance: the text is too close to the Output tab borders.
- SQLDESQLES-1323: Information about enabling triggers is displayed in the synchronization output even if they have not been disabled before.
- SQLDESQLES-1324: In some cases, the program synchronizes only a few tables marked for synchronization, the rest is skipped and not synchronized.
- SQLDESQLES-1331: If a user made a comparison with a new (<New>) target database and then created a database copy during synchronization, only the comparison with the database copy will be available in the Recent Comparison list. The comparison with the new (<New>) target database cannot be repeated.
- SQLDESQLES-1326: If the target database in a comparison from the Recent Comparison list has been replaced with a new (<New>) database, the comparison settings are completely reset and should be restored manually.
- SQLDESQLES-1340: When generating a Database Variance Report the Custom ODBC Data Source connection string used as a database name can contain a password.
FileNotFoundExceptionoccurs when starting SQL Examiner or SQL Data Examiner redistributable command-line tools.
22.214.171.124 - March 15th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1329: If procedures or functions in a PostgreSQL database use arrays of user-defined types, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script.
- SQLESQLES-1338: In some cases, when synchronizing unique indexes in MySQL databases, the program generates an incorrect synchronization script (excessive statements).
126.96.36.199 - March 9th, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1305: Added additional logging of program work with ODBC data sources.
- SQLDESQLES-1317: The message "Backing up 'dbName' database..." has been displayed twice on the last step of the Synchronization wizard.
188.8.131.52 - March 7th, 2023
- SQLESQLES-1303: Syntax errors while parsing PostgreSQL creation scripts.
- SQLESQLES-1307: In some cases,
NotImplementedExceptionoccurs when synchronizing SQL Server temporal tables between a database snapshot (source) and a live database (target).
- SQLESQLES-1308: In some cases, when synchronizing SQL Server temporal tables in a database snapshot (source) and a live database (target), the program generates an incorrect synchronization script (wrong order of statements).
- SQLDESQLES-1305: In some cases,
ArgumentExceptionoccurs when loading data from a HANA database using Custom ODBC Data Source.
- SQLDESQLES-1311: In some cases
NullReferencesExceptionoccurs when synchronizing data in Oracle databases and the program crashes.
184.108.40.206 - March 2nd, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1304: In some cases, when starting SQL Data Examiner,
NotImplementedExceptioninterrupts running the program.
220.127.116.11 - March 1st, 2023
- SQLDESQLES-1301: In some cases,
InvalidCastExceptionoccurs when saving changes in the program options (Options window).
18.104.22.168 - February 28th, 2023
Initial public version of the SQL Examiner Suite 2023. You can see the list of changes and improvements in the 2023 version in the Release Notes.